Home | Troubleshooting | Questions? | Guide | What’s On | TV Requirements | Stream2
NOTE: This page gives information on troubleshooting WolfTV through traditional coax delivery. For help with Stream2 click here. ES King village residents are only able to receive WolfTV via Stream2.
The WolfTV digital cable system delivers signal via Clear QAM. Your television or other tuning device requires a QAM tuner in order to receive the signal. Check your television’s specifications with its manufacturer. WolfTV is not responsible for loss of signal due to a television compatibility issue.
QAM tuner required
- In order to receive WolfTV, your TV must have a QAM tuner.
- Most major-brand TVs, 2010 or newer, will have one, but some do not.
- If your TV does NOT have a QAM tuner (e.g., box-shaped CRT, older flat screen) you’ll need to do one of the following:
- Buy a newer TV that has a QAM tuner.
- Add a digital converter with a QAM tuner. Check locally or online for sources.
Before you buy a TV
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the TV has a QAM tuner.
Check the TV’s specifications with its manufacturer.
- These tuners are NOT QAM-compatible:
- ATSC (digital)
- Please check the two manufacturer lists below.
NOTE: Neither list is complete.
These PROBABLY have a QAM tuner:
- Some models of these manufacturers do not have a QAM tuner.
- You may need a code to activate the TV.
- Consult the manufacturer for details.
MANY of these DO NOT have a QAM tuner:
- Some Upstar models can receive a QAM signal if the firmware is updated.
- For details, contact Upstar technical support: 877.908.6777, ext. 3.