Home | GET WOLFTV! | Pricing | Troubleshooting | Questions? | Channel Guide | What’s On | TV Requirements | Administrative WolfTV
The WolfTV digital cable system delivers signal via Clear QAM. Your television or other tuning device requires a QAM tuner in order to receive the signal. Check your television’s specifications with its manufacturer. WolfTV is not responsible for loss of signal due to a television compatibility issue.
QAM tuner required
- In order to receive WolfTV, your TV must have a QAM tuner.
- Most major-brand TVs, 2010 or newer, will have one, but some do not.
- If your TV does NOT have a QAM tuner (e.g., box-shaped CRT, older flat screen) you’ll need to do one of the following:
- Buy a newer TV that has a QAM tuner.
- Add a digital converter with a QAM tuner. Check locally or online for sources.
- Need a converter box? This is one that should work with our system.
Before you buy a TV
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the TV has a QAM tuner.
Check the TV’s specifications with its manufacturer.
- These tuners are NOT QAM-compatible:
- ATSC (digital)
- Please check the two manufacturer lists below.
NOTE: Neither list is complete.
These PROBABLY have a QAM tuner:
- Some models of these manufacturers do not have a QAM tuner.
- You may need a code to activate the TV.
- Consult the manufacturer for details.
MANY of these DO NOT have a QAM tuner:
- Some Upstar models can receive a QAM signal if the firmware is updated.
- For details, contact Upstar technical support: 877.908.6777, ext. 3.