NC State University provides three SSIDs on campus. For details, see wifi.ncsu.edu/.
This is the preferred wireless network for computers, phones and other devices with a web browser. This also allows you to use your NC State account to connect to networks at other eduroam-affiliated campuses.
This should be used by students, faculty and staff on most devices.
This has limited functionality and is provided as a convenience for non-university affiliated guests.
No personal wireless routers
- Personal wireless routers are not permitted or supported by the NC State Help Desk or our Network Operations Center.
- The Walk-in Center will not troubleshoot issues with personal wireless routers in any residence hall or university apartment that has complete wireless coverage.
- Personal routers can cause interference with the NC State wireless network and can cause performance issues for yourself and your neighbors.
- We recommend you not use the wireless feature of your printer.
- Please connect to your computer via the USB cable.
- We do not support wireless printers in our residence halls or university apartments.
- For the best gaming experience, we recommend plugging into one of the ports on the bottom of the access point located in your room.
- If you are in an apartment-style housing unit (Wolf Ridge or Wolf Village), you may plug into the network outlet located in your room instead of the ports on the access point.
- To use a game console on either the wireless or wired network in any on-campus housing, you’ll need to register it on nomad.ncsu.edu.