Skip to content
- Wired network access in residence halls and some ES King Village buildings
There are wired ports available for use on the wireless access points. When you connect to the access point with an Ethernet cable, you will be prompted to log in. To avoid having to log in repeatedly, register the WIRED address of your device on Nomad.
- If your device doesn’t have a web browser then you will need to manually register it on nomad.ncsu.edu using a device with a browser that is already connected to either the Eduroam or ncsu wireless networks or to the access point via an Ethernet cable .Go to nomad.ncsu.edu and select “add device.” The box labeled “MAC Address” will be pre-filled with the MAC address of the device you are using. You will be able to erase that MAC address and put in the MAC address of your browser-less device.
- Wired network access in Wolf Village and Wolf Ridge bedrooms
Each bedroom in Wolf Village and Wolf Ridge has a live data jack on the wall (in addition to the access point in the living room). In most places, your connection should work without registration or configuration.
- Wolf Ridge bedrooms – upper left
- Wolf Village bedrooms – lower right
please note that we are changing the networking equipment in Wolf Village. Currently, residents of Wolf Village A(rctic) who wish to use the bedroom Ethernet jack will need to register their device(s) on Nomad the same way they would if they were using the Ethernet port on the access point.
- Wired network access in ES King Village
Usually the upper right jack in a wall plate is the active connection in buildings where wireless is not provided
- Personal wireless routers