Fast Network Connections
ResNet lets you connect your personal computer–when equipped with a 10BaseT, 10/100BaseT, or 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet adapter–directly to NC State’s data communications network, and through the university network, to the Internet. ResNet enables you to easily perform many tasks from your own room:
- Exchange email
- Browse and publish information on the World Wide Web
- Access campus information, course registration, library catalogs and other databases
- Submit assignments to professors, confer with classmates, conduct research for papers
- Participate in social media
- Access your Unity/Eos network file space via applications like telnet and FTP (Note: ResNet does not provide access to the same software available in the Unity/Eos labs.)
Why use ResNet?
- No phone line or modem is needed.
- Connections are fast
- Access is immediate
- No additional Internet access provider is needed
- There are no time limits on how long you can remain connected
- ResNet staff is available to help set up your connection
Computing and information technologies have become essential in our society and to higher education. NC State University has a strong commitment to preparing its graduates for the technology-based future. Students aren’t required to bring a computer to NC State, however, an ever-growing number choose to have a computer available for their personal use. ResNet helps students living on campus take full advantage of the resources available via their computer.