- WolfPrint supports printing from many Apple laptops and computers running OS X using the built-in, secure Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).
- Machines running OS X version 10.8 or newer are also supported using AirPrint.
- FollowMe printing is available from both personal and university-owned Apple computers.
Setting up to print using secure IPP requires five (5) steps
Figure1: Selecting Add Printer… from the OS X Print Dialog
2) When the Add dialog appears,in the tool bar, click on the button for IP and make the following settings:
Protocol: Internet Printing Protocol – IPP
Queue: Select one of these:
Name: Select the one that matches the queue you chose:
Location: Leave blank
Use: Generic PostScript Printer
Then click the Add button.
Figure 2: Correctly configured OS X Add dialog for FollowMe IPP Print Queue
3) The Setting Up … pop-over dialog appears and be sure to check the Duplex Printing Unit (1) check box and then press the OK button (2) as shown in Figure 3.
The printer will complete setup, and printing will continue as normal.
4 ) When printing finishes, open a web browser on the same computer, go to go.ncsu.edu/wolfprint and log in securely to the PaperCut web client using your Unity ID. You must log in within 5 minutes from the same computer that made the print; otherwise, your print job will be canceled with no charge. After login you will be able to set any options and print or to cancel the print job. If the Print button is selected, the print job will be held as usual for FollowMe printing (See WolfPrint FollowMe FAQ for more information).
Hint: Bookmark the web page go.ncsu.edu/wolfprint for easy access each time you need to print.
Figure 4: PaperCut web client login dialog.
Figure 5: Print Job Notification Dialog for WolfPrint FollowMe printing.
- Once you set up for secure IPP printing, your configuration is saved, so you don’t have to repeat it.
- To use the printer again later, just choose it from the list of available printers.