- WolfPrint supports printing from many Apple laptops and computers running OS X version 10.8 or newer using the built-in AirPrint service.
- Machines running earlier versions of OS X are not supported using AirPrint but may be manually configured using secure IPP. See WolfPrint FollowMe Printing with IPP on Apple OS X Computers.
- FollowMe printing is available from both personal and university owned Apple computers.
Step 1: Select and add a printer.
- Join eduroam, the NC State campus wireless network.
- Open the item you want to print.
- Under Printer pop-up -> Nearby Printers, select a WolfPrint FollowMe printer (Fig. 1).
Figure 1: Selecting a WolfPrint FollowMe printer
(10.8 Mountain Lion print dialog)
Step 2: Submit your print job.
- After you select and add the printer, select the Print button to submit the print job.
- When printing finishes, on the same computer and within 5 minutes, go to WolfPrint.
HINT: Bookmark this page for quick access when you need to print.
- Using your Unity credentials, log in to the PaperCut web client (Fig. 2).
NOTE: If you do not log in to PaperCut on the same computer and within 5 minutes, your print job will be canceled without a charge.
Figure 2: PaperCut web client login dialog.
- Choose the desired options. You can either cancel the print job or set various options and print (Fig. 3).
Figure 3: Print Job Notification dialog for
WolfPrint FollowMe printing.If you select the PaperCut Print button, your print job will be held as usual for FollowMe printing. For more information, see WolfPrint User FAQs.
Step 3: Retrieve your printout.
- Go to a printer that displays the WolfPrint FollowMe logo:
For locations, see WolfPrint FollowMe Printing.
- Follow the instructions for logging in and releasing a print job.