What is WolfPrint?
- WolfCopy supplies the printers, consumables and service technicians who maintain the equipment.
- OIT provides the network infrastructure, hardware, software, and technical support who maintain the print systems.
- Printers are conveniently located in all Unity Computer Labs, NCSU Libraries, and in several residence halls and colleges across campus.
- The service is available to anyone with valid Unity credentials and an active AllCampus Account.
For more information, browse the FAQ’s below, or contact the NC State Help Desk to generate a support ticket.
- Where can I find a list of publicly available printers and their locations?
- What do printing fees pay for?
- How much does it cost to print?
- How am I charged for printing?
- How do I add funds to my All Campus Account?
- What is PaperCut Print Credit?
- What if I don’t have any money and still need to print?
- Why is my AllCampus Account inactive?
- Can I print using my laptop or other mobile device?
- Can I print from off campus?
- What is WebPrint?
- How do I clear the print queue if my print job is not printing?
- If I’m not satisfied with my printout, can I get a refund?
- What happened to the old WolfPrint system and what has changed (prior to June 2012)?
- Where are the funds from my old print quota account( prior to June 2012)?
- How do I request a Shared Account for accounted printing?
- WolfPrint FollowMe printers are deployed on workstations in many computer labs.
- If you print from your mobile device, see Publicly Available Printers for a pickup location.
The printing fees pay part of the cost for consumables, maintenance and support staff needed to run the WolfPrint service.
- WolfCopy provides support for the physical equipment, including consumables and repairs.
- OIT provides the print systems and technical support needed to maintain service quality.
- Support staff provide assistance during regular working hours, Monday through Friday.
Effective August 7, 2018, the cost of letter size printing on the WolfPrint FollowMe printers has been unified.
- WolfPrint-BlackandWhite printers charge $0.10 per page.
- BW duplex prints – $0.20 per page
- Wolfprint-Color printers charge $0.25 per page
- Color duplex prints – $0.50 per page
At the College of Design (legal, tabloid, and plotter size)
- Black and White laser prints
- Up to 8.5″ x 14″ – $0.10
- Larger sizes up to 11.7″ x 17.7″ – $0.20
- Two-sided prints are charged as two pages.
- Color laser prints
- Up to 8.5″ x 14″ – $0.25
- Larger sizes up to 11.7″ x 17.7″ – $0.50
- Two-sided prints are charged as two pages.
- Large-format prints
- Up to 44″ wide
- Color: $1.60 per square foot
- Grayscale: $1.20 per square foot
- To receive the discount, you must select “Print as Grayscale” in the print dialog box.
- Instructions are posted at each large-format printer.
- WolfPrint uses PaperCut MF for its accounted printing solution.
- It works by authenticating the user, intercepting the print job, and extracting the job and page count information.
- Then PaperCut calculates the cost, validates the page count and deducts the charges automatically from the user’s AllCampus Account.
- You can Make a Deposit via cash or check, by mail, online or in person.
- Deposits should be available immediately upon receipt.
- No minimum deposit is required.
- Your balance cannot exceed $1500.
- PaperCut Print Credit is for printing only!
- Print Credit is generated by refunds in the current system or by funds from the legacy system (prior to June 2012).
In order to print, you must have at least one of the following:
- Money in your AllCampus Account
- PaperCut Print Credit
- If you try to add funds to your AllCampus Debit Account and receive a status “INACTIVE” message, your WolfPack One card has expired.
- If you are a registered student, there is no fee for replacing your card.
- Your card must be ACTIVE to print.
- Contact the WolfPack One Card office for assistance.
Yes! You can use PaperCut’s WebPrint or Google Cloud Print with WolfPrint FollowMe printers.
- For WebPrint (to print PDFs):
- For Google Cloud Print with WolfPrint (to print several other file types):
- Login to Google.com/cloudprint with your Unity User ID and Password.
- Follow the prompts to print or see Google CloudPrint – Instructions.
Yes! But first you must establish a secure connection to the campus network using NC State’s Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Service.
- WebPrint is a driver-less printing service.
- You can print from your laptop without installing client software or print drivers.
- You can print a document uploaded from a web browser.
- For details, see FollowMe Printing with WebPrint – Instructions.
After a print job has been released, you cannot cancel it and clear the print queue.
Yes, to request a refund for an unsatisfactory print job, do the following:
- Go to the WolfPrint login page for PaperCut.
- Enter your Unity ID and password.
- On the left menu, click on the Recent Print Jobs link.
- In the status column for the print job you want refunded, click on the [request refund] link.
- Fill out the form provided.
- Click Send.
An administrator will respond to your request.
- WolfPrint migrated from a homegrown application to a vendor supported solution, PaperCut MF, in June 2012.
- WolfCopy continues to provide the printers and customer service for the account printers on campus.
- OIT continues to provide the support needed to run the back-end technologies.
Any unused print quota from the legacy system has been imported into your current WolfPrint account as PaperCut Print Credit.
To set up a Shared Account for students to use for printing, submit a Departmental Funding Request for Students.