WolfPrint User FAQ’s

WolfPrint is an accounted printing service provided by WolfCopy and the Office of Information Technology.

WolfCopy supplies the printers, consumables and service technicians who maintain the equipment.  OIT provides the network infrastructure, hardware, software, and technical support who maintain the print systems.  Printers are conveniently located in all Unity Computer Labs, NCSU Libraries, and in several residence halls and colleges across campus.  The service is available to anyone with a valid Unity ID and The AllCampus Debit Account.

For more information, browse our FAQ’s below, or contact the NC State Help Desk to generate a support ticket.


Where can I find a list of Publicly Available Printers?

WolfPrint FollowMe printers are deployed on workstations in many computer labs.  If you print from your mobile device, see the List of Publicly Available Printers for a pickup location.

[Back to Contents]

What do the printing fees pay for and how much does it cost?

The printing fees pay part of the cost for consumables, maintenance and support staff needed to run the WolfPrint service.

  • WolfCopy provides support the physical equipment, including consumables and repairs.
  • OIT provides the print systems and technical support needed to maintain the quality of service.
  • Support staff are available during regular working hours, Monday through Friday.

Print costs in Unity Labs

  • b&w $0.10
  • color $0.25
  • duplex b&w $0.20
  • duplex color $0.50

Print costs at the Vet School/Vet Library

  • b&w $0.10
  • color $0.25
  • duplex b&w $0.20
  • duplex color $0.50

Print costs in the NCSU Libraries (D. H. Hill, James B. Hunt Jr., Natural Resources)

  • b&w $0.10
  • color $0.30
  • duplex b&w $0.20
  • duplex color $0.60

Print costs at the College of Design

  • Black and White laser prints up to 8.5″ x 14″ are 10 cents per page. Larger sizes up to 11.7″ x 17.7″ are 20 cents per page. (Two-sided prints are charged as two pages.)
  • Color laser prints up to 8.5″ x 14″ are 25 cents per page. Larger sizes up to 11.7″ x 17.7″ are 50 cents per page. (Two-sided prints are charged as two pages.)
  • Large-format prints, up to 44″ wide are $1.60 per square foot for color and $1.20 per square foot for grayscale. (You must select “Print as Grayscale” in the print dialog box to receive the discount. Instructions are posted by each large-format printer.)

[Back to Contents]

How am I charged for printing?

  • WolfPrint uses PaperCut MF  for its accounted printing solution.
  • Simplified, it works by authenticating the user, intercepting the print job, and extracting job and page count information.
  • Then it calculates the cost, validates the page count, and deducts the associated cost from the users’ AllCampus Debit Account.

[Back to Contents]

How do I fund my AllCampus account?

  • You can Make a Deposit to your AllCampus Account by mail, in person, or online.
  • Deposits should be available immediately upon receipt.
  • There is no minimum deposit required, but your balance cannot exceed $1500.

[Back to Contents]

What is PaperCut Print Credit?

  • PaperCut Print Credit can only be used for printing!
  • Print credits are generated by refunds in the current system or from legacy funds from the legacy system (prior to June 2012).

[Back to Contents]

What if I don’t have any money and still need to print?

  • If you do not have money in your AllCampus Account, are unable to make a deposit, or do not have any PaperCut Print Credit, you will not be able to print.

[Back to Contents]

Why is my AllCampus Account Inactive?

  • If you try to add funds to your AllCampus Debit Account and receive a status “INACTIVE” message, your WolfPack One card has expired.
  • There is no fee for registered students to replace their card and your card must be ACTIVE to print.
  • Contact the WolfPack One Card office for assistance.

[Back to Contents]

Can I print using my laptop or other mobile device?

Yes!  You can print Adobe (.pdf) from a mobile device using WebPrint. And you can print several other file types using Google Cloud Print with WolfPrint.

[Back to Contents]

Can I print from off campus?

Yes!  But first you need to establish a secure connection to the campus network using NCSU’s Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Service.

[Back to Contents]

What is WebPrint?

  • WebPrint is a driver-less printing service that allows users to print by uploading documents from a web browser.  It provides a simple way to enable printing from your laptop without installing client software or print drivers.
  • For details, see FollowMe Printing from WebPrint

[Back to Contents]

How do I clear the print queue if my print job is not printing?

Users currently do not have the ability to cancel a print job, after it has been released.

[Back to Contents]

If I’m not satisfied with my printout, can I get a refund?

Yes, to request a refund for an unsatisfactory print job, do the following:

  1. Go to the WolfPrint login page for PaperCut.
  2. Enter your Unity ID and password.
  3. On the left menu, click on the Recent Print Jobs link.
  4. In the status column for the print job you want refunded, click on the [request refund] link.
  5. Fill out the form provided.
  6. Click Send.
    An administrator will respond to your request.

[Back to Contents]

What happened to the old WolfPrint and what has changed?

  • WolfPrint migrated from a homegrown application to a vendor supported solution, PaperCut MF, June 2012.
  • WolfCopy continues to provide the printers and customer service for the account printers on campus.
  • OIT continues to provide the support needed to run the back-end technologies.

[Back to Contents]

Where are the funds from my old print quota account?

Any unused print quota from the legacy system has been imported into your current WolfPrint account as PaperCut Print Credit.

[Back to Contents]

How do I request a Shared Account to fund student accounted printing?

To set up a Shared Account for students to use for printing, submit a Departmental Funding Request for Students.

[Back to Contents]