What is WolfPrint?
WolfPrint is NC State’s accounted printing service and is available to anyone with valid Unity ID and an active All Campus Debit Account. You will find answers to some frequently asked questions below or you may contact us directly by submitting the WolfPrint Problem form. For details on how to print with WolfPrint, visit go.ncsu.edu/print.
- Where are the WolfPrint printers located?
- What are the new Touch-Free print release and QR Codes on the printers?
- Do the printers support duplex?
- How much does it cost to print and how do I pay for it?
- If my print job fails or has poor print quality, can I request a refund?
- What is Print Credit?
- Why is my All Campus balance wrong?
- Can I print using my laptop or mobile device?
- Can I print from an off-campus location?
- How do I request a Shared Account for printing?
WolfPrint printers are conveniently located across campus in Unity labs, several residence halls, libraries, and many colleges. The WolfPrint FollowMe print queues are deployed on most managed workstations in computer labs, and can also be used with WebPrint and Google Cloud Print for mobile printing. For a complete list of printers and their locations, visit go.ncsu.edu/printers.
For this Fall semester, each WolfPrint FollowMe printer is labeled with a QR code for Touch-Free print release. While traditional print release using an NCSU ID card or manual login will still be available, users have the option to scan a QR code using their mobile device and release their print job from the web. For instructions, see https://oit.ncsu.edu/wolfprint/releasing/.
Yes. Each Lexmark printer supports automatic duplex (double-sided printing). If you are printing from a lab machine, choose the duplex option in the print driver. If you are printing from a mobile device, use Google Cloud Print and choose the duplex option after selecting the WolfPrint FollowMe printer. Web Print does NOT support duplex. There are no discounts offered for double sided printing.
- FollowMe Printing Letter Size
- WolfPrint-BlackandWhite printers charge $0.10 per page.
- WolfPrint-Color printers charge $0.25 per page.
- Two-sided prints are charged as two pages.
- FollowMe Printing Tabloid Size
- WolfPrint-BlackandWhite-11×17 printers charge $0.20 per page.
- WolfPrint-Color-11×17 printers charge $0.50 per page.
- Two-sided prints are charged as two pages.
- College of Design Printing
- Cost varies, please see Printing-General Information for details.
- STUDENTS will use their All Campus Debit Account to pay for printing. Make a Deposit online, in person, or by mail with cash or check.
- FACULTY/STAFF will need to set up a Payroll Deduction using their Wolfpack One Card.
- DEPARTMENTS can provide funds for printing to Students or Faculty/Staff with a WolfPrint Shared Account. Student organizations are unable to fund shared accounts because WolfPrint does not support cash/card payments.
Yes. WolfPrint will generally refund print jobs that fail to print or that have poor print quality. To request a refund, follow these steps:
- Visit go.ncsu.edu/print-refund
- Enter your Unity ID and password to login.
- On the Recent Print Jobs page, find the print job you’d like refunded and click the[request refund] link.
- Enter the desired refund amount and any comments about the print job.
- Click OK to submit your request.
An administrator will process your request and send a notification through your NCSU email account. All refunds are applied to your PaperCut account as print credit. If you are graduating and would like to request a refund from any remaining print credit in your account, you must submit a special request using the WolfPrint Problem form.
- Print Credit is for printing only!
- Print Credit is generated when a print job is refunded in the PaperCut System and remains in your PaperCut account until it is used up.
- If you try to add funds to your AllCampus Debit Account and receive a status “INACTIVE” message, your WolfPack One card has expired.
- If you are a registered student, there is no fee for replacing your card. You must have an ACTIVE account to print!
- If you think you have money in your AllCampus Account, but WolfPrint does not, your card may have been reported Lost/Stolen.
- Contact the Wolfpack One Card office for assistance with either of these issues.
Yes. You can use Google Cloud Print and Web Print to print from a laptop or mobile device using WolfPrint. Google Cloud Print supports several file types, but WebPrint supports only .pdf files.
- For Google Cloud Print with WolfPrint (to print various file types):
- Login to Google.com/cloudprint with your Unity User ID and Password.
- Follow the prompts to print or see Google Cloud Print – Instructions.
- For Web Print (to upload and print PDF files only):
Yes. You can send your print job from an off-campus location and it will be held for you in the WolfPrint FollowMe print queue for up to 12 hours. However, to access WolfPrint resources from an off-campus location, you MUST first establish a secure connection to the campus network using NC State’s Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Service.
WolfPrint offers “Shared Accounts” that are for departmental use only. A shared account is used to fund printing for a student, faculty, or staff member using interdepartmental funds. To request a Shared Account or to modify an existing shared account, submit a Departmental Funding Request for Students.