OIT has moved several in-person workshops to online platforms to accommodate remote work situations. Register now for these upcoming training sessions:
- Cisco WebEx will be offered on Thursday, April 16 from noon to 1 p.m. via WebEx. Learn how Cisco WebEx Online Meetings enables you to virtually meet, share content and video conference with anyone in the world with an internet connection, including mobile users. This course will specifically cover WolfMeeting, NC State’s WebEx solution. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Docs: More than a Text Editor will be offered on Tuesday, April 21 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. via Google Meet. Learn how to create and format documents while collaborating with others in the cloud. Topics include revision history, the explore tool, inserting and editing images, collaboration tools, downloading, importing and publishing to the web, add-ons and extensions, offline access, and more! To register, visit REPORTER.
- Gmail Level 2: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Thursday, April 23 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. via Google Meet. Learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, Google Meet, and using Google Drive through Gmail. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Forms will be offered on Tuesday, April 28 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. via Google Meet. This course will cover the basics of creating forms, collaborative editing and viewing data in spreadsheets and charts. It also will highlight several advanced features such as custom themes, page breaks, question validation, and embedding forms in websites. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Introduction to Google Sites will be offered on Thursday, April 30 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. via Google Meet. Explore the user-friendly interface of Google Sites with drag and drop functionality. Attendees will learn how to build a new site; create and organize new pages; choose themes for color schemes and font styles; embed Google Drive folders and files; add images, videos and URLs; implement customization and basic web design principles; set permissions; and publish and update pages. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Slides: Advanced Presenter Tools is a pre-recorded YouTube tutorial that covers advanced features to help you build exciting slide shows and introduces tools you can use while presenting. A few topics include audience questions and answers, automatic closed-captioning, videos and audio, animations and transitions, auto-play, custom timing, and publishing presentations to the web. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Slides: Advanced Customization is a pre-recorded YouTube tutorial that explores how to create a custom reusable theme, import PowerPoint and Google Slides themes, master Master Slides, make one-click updates to your presentation, and more. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Advanced Forms is a pre-recorded YouTube session that provides a look at advanced features available in Google Forms, including add-ons, pre-filled form links, branching, sections and pages, and response validation. To register, visit REPORTER.
- System Access Request Training (SAR) is online training that provides an overview of the SAR application for campus requesters and approvers and demonstrates how to submit a SAR request for different connected systems. You are encouraged to review the SAR website for more information before registering. To register, visit REPORTER.
Training updates and new courses will be added to REPORTER as soon as they are available, so check back regularly. Search REPORTER by G Suite Apps such as Gmail or Slides or scroll through all of OIT’s offerings.
For custom training, complete the Custom Training form. A technology trainer will contact you to discuss options to meet your business needs.