System Access Request (SAR) is a web application that automates the approval process for granting and revoking employee access to HR data, Student Information System (SIS) data, Financial data, and Document Management data — as well as other data systems at NC State.
Access to the SAR web application is not available to all employees. Each unit has a management-designated SAR user who must meet the following requirements before being granted access to SAR:
- Complete and submit the Information Security Acknowledgement (ISA) Form
- Complete the SAR online training modules
After the prospective SAR user has met the requirements, the user’s manager can submit a request for the employee to be granted access to SAR.
Before requesting SAR access for an employee, your employee must sign and submit an electronic Information Security Acknowledgement (ISA) form, which is available from the MyPack Portal.
ISA Form Warnings
If you request SAR access for an employee who has not completed the ISA form, SAR will display warnings during the SAR request process, which appear in the following contexts:
- In the first tab: If you see the ISA warning shown in red text, do not submit the SAR request, because it will end up in pending status indefinitely. If you fail to notice this warning and proceed with the request, SAR will warn you again after you submit the request.
- After you submit the SAR request: Even if all approvals are granted, the SAR request will not be granted and will end up in pending status indefinitely, whereupon your only recourse will be to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the name of the prospective user and SAR request number. Later, when indicated to do so, you would enter a new SAR request for the prospective user after the prospective user has signed and submitted the ISA form.
- Log in to the MyPack Portal.
- From Employee Self-Service, select the Personal Details tile.
- Select ISA Form from bottom-left of screen.
- Complete and submit the form.
- Notify your manager when you receive an email confirmation that your ISA form submission has been acknowledged.
Prospective SAR users must register for SAR online training via REPORTER and then wait for instructions.
When the prospective SAR user completes the SAR online training, the prospective SAR user’s manager must submit the following SAR Access Request form.
Step 2: IAM Confirms Online Training Completion
After the SAR Access Request Form is submitted, the Identity & Access Management (IAM) team will confirm online training completion and then contact the current SAR Approvers within your OUC (by opening a ServiceNow ticket).
- If you request access outside your home OUC, those Approvers are contacted for approval.
- If you request access for all OUCs, the designated Data Stewards are contacted for approval.
Step 3: SAR Approvers and IAM Grant Access to SAR
After the current SAR Approvers indicate their approval, the IAM team will grant SAR access to the prospective user.
Step 4: IAM Updates ServiceNow Ticket
After SAR access is granted, the ServiceNow ticket will be updated and the new user will be added to the ticket watchlist so everyone is informed of status updates.
After an employee is granted access to SAR as described earlier, do the following to access the SAR web application:
- Log in to the MyPack Portal.
- Select the Navigator icon from the top-right.
- Select Identity Management.
- Select Security Access / SAR.
- Select SAR.
Check SAR Notices for technical issues and scheduled downtime.
eProcurement (MarketPlace) Procedures SAR (08-Jul-2009)
WRS Payroll Reports SAR (06-Mar-2009)
Campus Application Abbreviations (25-Sep-2008)
Please send any questions to email@example.com.