Here’s a quick overview of the campus computing services available to you. Your college or department may offer others.
Logging in, setting up email, and basic IT services and rules
Software, printing, file storage, and labs on campus
Accessibility, campus networks, and media resources
IT Security, the Help Desk, and the Walk-in Center
Here are some regulations that are particularly important for students:
- NC State Regulations and Rules for Student IT Use
- Copyright Infringement – Policy Statement
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) File Sharing
Your Unity credentials (ID and password) are your keys to university-provided online and other IT resources, many of which are covered on this page.
NEVER share your Unity password with ANYONE, no matter how urgent the request.
- MyPack Portal User Guide: Students helps you keep track of:
- classes (drop, add, swap)
- student employment
- tuition payments
- Go to MyPack Portal
- Managing your NC State email (e.g., groups, lists, forwards)
- Google Workspace at NC State
- Official email and calendar provider for campus.
- Apps for education, communication and collaboration.
Your Computer at NC State offers recommendations for:
- a new computer system
- a laptop you already own that may be sufficient for a year or two
- Unity computer labs
Access to internet, software and other IT resources.
- Workstations in Unity computer labs – PC, Macintosh and Linux.
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
Work on a remote computer with just the applications you want.
- Send documents to any supported printer on campus.
- Pay with your WolfPack One Card (campus ID card).
- See WolfPrint FollowMe Printing.
Connection to Campus Network
Cable Television and Video Programming