Here’s a quick overview of the campus computing services available to you. Your college or department may offer others.
Logging in, setting up email, and basic IT services and rules
Here are some regulations that are particularly important for students:
- NC State Regulations and Rules for Student IT Use
- Copyright Infringement – Policy Statement
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) File Sharing
NEVER share your Unity password with ANYONE, no matter how urgent the request.
- Access to Student Information System (SIS), Financials and Human Resources.
See Student Guide to SIS
- Helps you keep track of
- classes (drop, add, swap)
- student employment
- tuition payments
- Go to MyPack Portal
- Managing your NC State email (e.g., groups, lists, forwards)
- Google Apps @ NC State
- Official email and calendar provider for campus.
- Apps for education, communication and collaboration.
Resources on Campus
Software, printing, file storage, and labs on campus
- Unity computer labs
Access to Internet, software and other IT resources.
- Workstations in Unity computer labs – PC, Macintosh and Linux.
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
Work on a remote computer with just the applications you want.
- Google Drive (unlimited)
- NCSU Drive (5 GB)
- Andrew File System (2 GB minimum)
- Free Office 365 (1 TB)
- See Your Unity File Space for details.
- Antivirus software
- University requirement
- FREE at NC State Antivirus Resources
- FREE Office 365
- Software@NC State
Licensed for free use on campus
- SAS Software
For statistical analysis
- Special pricing on Educational Software at NC State Bookstores
- Also see Software & Hardware.
Accessibility, media, and campus networks
Help & Support
IT Security, the Help Desk, and the Walk-in Center
- NC State Antivirus Resources
FREE protection for up to three of your mobile devices.
- Safe Computing at NC State
Security tips for your data and devices.