OIT provides IT services for all NC State employees. Everyone who uses the university’s IT resources, either on campus or remotely, must abide by the university’s Computer Use Policy.
Connecting & Communicating
Unity Account & MyPack Portal
- Your Unity credentials (ID and password) – Keys to your online identity at NC State and access to many online services and resources.
- MyPack Portal – Gateway to online systems and services, including employee information and self-services; faculty access to the Student Information System; administrative staff access to Financial and HR systems.
NEVER share your Unity password with ANYONE, no matter how urgent the request.
Email & Calendaring
- G Suite – Chosen to provide a single campus-wide calendaring and email system for students, faculty and staff.
- Email can be a public record if it is made or received by a state employee in connection with State business. Read more about public records at NC State.
- Go Links – a trusted NC State link shortener for faculty and staff use
Software & Hardware
Phone & Internet
Labs & Environments
Services for Researchers
- NC State researchers in all fields of study have access to the university’s high-capacity, highly-available gigabit Ethernet campus data network.
- High-performance research network and internet connections
- HPC Services
- Distributed and shared memory computing
- Data storage
- Suite of applications
- Training, consulting and collaboration on computational issues
- NC State HPC Partner Program
Maximizes the use of HPC resources and support for participating faculty partners and the NC State community.
The Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) provides easy-to-use Web-based access to the university’s high-performance computing systems and high-end applications.
To support research projects and grants across campus, OIT collaborates with the following:
- NC State University Libraries Researcher Support
- Office of Research, Innovation & Economic Development (ORIED).
For more information, see:
OIT provides 1 terabyte of storage space for any project that has been awarded a grant on or after July 1, 2016. For more information, see:
Help & More
For general IT assistance, see NC State Help Desk. Some colleges and departments provide additional resources, desktop computing and local network support. For more help options, visit Help & Support.