OIT provides IT services for all NC State employees. Everyone who uses the university’s IT resources, either on campus or remotely, must abide by the university’s Computer Use Policy.
Utilize the My IT Guide to keep track of helpful information and resources specific to your role. Select Make a Copy and a private version will be automatically saved in your Google Drive for you to easily access and update during your employment.
Connecting & Communicating
Unity Account & MyPack Portal
- Your Unity credentials (ID and password) – Keys to your online identity at NC State and access to many online services and resources.
- MyPack Portal – Gateway to online systems and services, including employee information and self-services; faculty access to the Student Information System; administrative staff access to Financial and HR systems.
NEVER share your Unity password with ANYONE, no matter how urgent the request.
Email & Calendaring
- Google Workspace – Chosen to provide a single campus-wide calendaring and email system for students, faculty and staff.
- Email can be a public record if it is made or received by a state employee in connection with State business. Read more about public records at NC State.
- Go Links – a trusted NC State link shortener for faculty and staff use
- Campus Directory
- Web Conferencing and Chat tools centrally supported on campus
- Google Workspace Apps for real-time collaboration in Docs, Sheets, Slides and more
Software & Hardware
- Software Licensing – Check for software available to you for both business and personal use.
- NC State Antivirus Resources
Phone & Internet
- Communications – Phone Services for faculty and staff
- Wireless Network Access– Enroll your personal and university devices to automatically connect to NC State’s wireless networks.
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Service – secure remote access to campus network resources
- Remote Work Resources and Guidelines
Labs & Environments
- Managed Desktops – For administrative staff
- ClassTech – Classroom IT and audiovisual technologies
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) – Remote access to high-end lab computers and software
- High Performance Computing (HPC) – Systems and support for research computing
File Space & Storage Services
Services for Researchers
Networking Capacity for Research
- NC State researchers in all fields of study have access to the university’s high-capacity, highly-available gigabit Ethernet campus data network.
- High-performance research network and internet connections
High Performance Computing (HPC)
- HPC Services
- Distributed and shared memory computing
- Data storage
- Suite of applications
- Training, consulting and collaboration on computational issues
- NC State HPC Partner Program
Maximizes the use of HPC resources and support for participating faculty partners and the NC State community.
- Software on HPC systems
- Software Licensing – Minimizes software costs and maximizes availability for campus
- SAS software
Virtual Computing Lab Services
The Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) provides easy-to-use Web-based access to the university’s high-performance computing systems and high-end applications.
Research Data Management Planning
To support research projects and grants across campus, OIT collaborates with the following:
- NC State University Libraries Researcher Support
- Office of Research, Innovation & Economic Development (ORIED).
For more information, see:
OIT provides 1 terabyte of storage space for any project that has been awarded a grant on or after July 1, 2016. For more information, see:
Help & More
For general IT assistance, see NC State Help Desk. Some colleges and departments provide additional resources, desktop computing and local network support. For more help options, visit Help & Support.
IT Security Resources
- NC State Antivirus Resources – include free antivirus software.
- Safe Computing at NC State
- Secure Data Removal at NC State (from surplused equipment)
- IT Accessibility – includes web accessibility tutorials
- Disability Resource Office – for accommodations for individuals
- NC State University Libraries’ Assistive Technologies Center
Training & Consulting
- OIT Technology Training and Workshops (free)
- IT Accessibility consulting services
Stay Connected & Informed
- Subscribe to OIT News, a monthly newsletter with tips and IT updates
- Download the On Campus app
- Follow OIT on Twitter