The Managed Desktop service provides technology support for NC State faculty and staff computers and software.
Service Features and Benefits
- Secure, reliable computing environment
- Network connectivity support
- Application packaging and delivery
- Desktop patching
- 5GB Home Directory (per user)
- Departmental Share (see Departmental Share Sizes)
- Productivity Software (Windows Operating System, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro)
Hardware Lifecycle Support
- Hardware specification and purchasing assistance
- Network printer, copier and scanner support
- Hardware warranty repairs
- Loaner workstations
- On-site desktop support
- Immediate, remote Help Desk support and/or assistance
- Tier 2 remote support for applications and desktops
- Email support
- End-user training
Managed Desktop currently serves approximately 75 departments across campus. We support approximately 2,700 computers for our customer base.
Costs and Billing Rates
Annual cost per user workstation: $682.00
Monthly installment per workstation: $56.83
Managed Desktop customers are billed monthly on the 20th of the month. The per-workstation cost reflects the actual cost to provide service that aligns with current technologies, storage solutions and human effort.
Service Level Agreement
View a sample Managed Desktop Service Level Agreement here.The annual service term aligns with the university’s fiscal year (July 1 – June 30.) SLAs are reviewed and signed in the Spring before the next service term begins.
Discuss requirements, get additional information or initiate service by sending email to the Managed Desktop Support team.
If you are currently a Managed Desktop customer and you need to report a problem, request a service change, or discuss an SLA issue, send email to the Managed Desktop Support team.