The Managed Desktops service provides technology support for NC State faculty and staff computers and software.
Service Features and Benefits
- Secure, reliable computing environment
- Network connectivity support
- Application packaging and delivery
- Desktop patching
- 5GB Home Directory (per user)
- Departmental Share (see Departmental Share Sizes)
- Productivity Software (Windows Operating System, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro)
Hardware Lifecycle Support
- Hardware specification and purchasing assistance
- Network printer, copier and scanner support
- Hardware warranty repairs
- Loaner workstations
- On-site desktop support
- Immediate, remote Help Desk support and/or assistance
- Tier 2 remote support for applications and desktops
- Email support
- End-user training
Managed Desktops currently serves approximately 85 departments across campus. We support approximately 3,500 computers for our customer base.
Costs and Billing Rates
Annual cost per user workstation: $682.00
Monthly installment per workstation: $56.83
Managed Desktops customers are billed monthly on the 20th of the month. The per-workstation cost reflects the actual cost to provide service that aligns with current technologies, storage solutions and human effort.
Service Level Agreement
View a sample Managed Desktops Service Level Agreement here.The annual service term aligns with the university’s fiscal year (July 1 – June 30.) SLAs are reviewed and signed the Spring before the next service term begins.
Discuss requirements, get additional information or initiate service by sending email to the Managed Desktop Support team.
If you are currently a Managed Desktops customer and you need to report a problem, request a service change, or discuss an SLA issue, send email to the Managed Desktop Support team.