Ordering a phone for a new office?
Thinking of upgrading your existing phone?
Need to set up voicemail?
Wondering if WebEx could meet your conferencing needs?
Curious about collaboration options?
ComTech offers Phone Services, Video Conferencing and Mobility Solutions across the campus.
Unified Communications (UC) is more than just a phone system. UC provides integration of the University voice system with applications in a consistent user interface and experience across multiple devices. It is not one single product, but a solution consisting of various communication tools and components that provide email integration, call control, audio, video, and web conferencing capabilities, mobility solutions, and presence/collaboration and messaging tools.
Phone Services and Video Conferencing Solutions
NC State University uses Cisco IP phones to provide voice communication services and Cisco Unity Connection to provide voicemail services across the campus.
We know that choosing the right phone and accessories can be difficult, so we set up a Discovery Center in our office! Every phone is on display and every feature or service we offer can be demonstrated and evaluated. Contact us to arrange a meeting.
- Phones and Accessories – Telephone sets offered and supported by ComTech.
- Voicemail – This service is available as a part of every active campus phone number for a one-time $25 charge.
- Unified Messaging – Optional voicemail service which sends your voicemail messages to your email inbox.
- Audio & Video Conferencing Solutions – NC State University offers phone and web conferencing tools that allow users to host ad-hoc audio meetings as well as video meetings over the Internet. Video conferencing offers enhanced collaboration options such as participating in chat face-to-face, sharing their screens to display presentations, and even sharing files with one another.
- Meet-Me Audio Conference Calls
- Conference Now Secure Audio Conference Calls
- WebEx / WolfMeeting & Personal Video & Web Conferencing
- Web Conferencing Tools Comparison – View the features and capabilities of three video conferencing resources available at NC State: Blackboard Collaborate, Google Hangouts, and WebEx.
- Immersive Telepresence Conferencing makes you feel like everyone is in the same room!
Connect and Collaborate with Unified Communications
- Mobility Solutions – Unified Communications provide a great way to increase collaboration among employees, increase productivity, and enable the efficiency of remote and mobile workers.
- Cisco Jabber – IM and chat, voice messaging, desktop sharing, softphone, voicemail management and more, on multiple device platforms.
- Single Number Reach – Ring multiple phones when calls come into your desk phone.
- Cisco IP Communicator – Windows PC-based application that allows users to make calls using just their computer.
- Extension Mobility – Allows users to associate their phone number and user profile with any Cisco IP phone.
The ComTech Business Communications group also has a number of solutions that may improve the workflow and/or productivity in your office. These solutions include conference calls, caller input based routing/menus, and call centers. To talk with a member of our team about any of our solutions contact us at email@example.com.
- Any of the following Unified Communications Services are provided free of charge and can be self-provisioned via the Self Service page:
- Cisco Jabber
- Cisco IP Communicator (SoftPhone)
- Single Number Reach
- Unified Messaging
- Contact us to arrange a meeting to discuss your needs for any of the following services:
- Cisco Telepresence Video Conferencing Solutions
- Call Center Solutions (including Call Handlers, Hunt Groups, or UCCX)
- Any of the following Business Applications and Communications Equipment and Services are ordered by Departmental Coordinators and LAN Technicians through the ComTech Telecom and IT Billing Customer Center (PCR360 application) Use the following tools to locate your Dept Coordinator or LAN Admin – Dept Coordinator Search Tool / LAN Admin List.
- WebEx Accounts
- Phones and Accessories
- Moves, Adds, and/or Changes for:
- Voice Mail
- Fax Lines
- Data Ports
- Remote Site Connection
- ComTech Service Rates – Complete listing of one-time and monthly charges.
- Contact the ComTech Network Operations Center in one of these ways:
- ComTech Network Operations Center – Repair Request – This form should be used to report any problem or issue with Voice and UC services at NC State. All open issues will be routed to our ServiceNow ticketing system for resolution.
- Phone: 5-7099, option 3, ComTech Network Operations Center.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: If you are a student with service issues, please contact Student Services.
- If your phone is not working properly, there are several things you can check before you call to report a telephone issue:
- Is your phone plugged into the proper telephone jack?
- If your phone has a power supply, is it plugged into the electrical outlet?
- Is your phone is ringing busy when someone calls you and you’re not on the phone?
If so, your phone is probably forwarded to an invalid number. To clear the forwarding, dial 11#.
- Training Resources – Online tutorial and Quick Reference Guides; Training Calendar to view upcoming training opportunities; and a Training Request form for personalized training options.
- Access and Dept Management – If you are a Departmental Coordinator and require access to the PCR Customer Center, please use this form – This form also allows for the management of current users of the system, and management of departmental changes, such as Project IDs and OUCs.