Access to NC State Computing Resources from off campus
- NC State students, faculty, and staff who are off the NC State campus are reminded to use the Virtual Private Networking (VPN) service when connecting to the campus network to access sensitive data.
- They can do so by installing Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN client software on their off-campus machines and setting up a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Launching the AnyConnect VPN client requires a Unity ID and password to verify the user’s identity.
- Following verification, the program creates an encrypted network connection between the user and the NC State network, allowing access to restricted services.
- All users of the NC State VPN service are subject to NC State’s Computer Use Policy and VPN Acceptable Use Policy.
Installing and Using VPN
To install and use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN software, follow the link below for your operating system or device.
NOTE: Chrome OS is currently NOT supported.