ComTech’s Network group is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the campus network equipment.
Network Status and Information
- Network Status Tool – Nucleus (restricted access)
- Wireless Network Access
- IP Address Management – ComTech provides host registration, dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP), domain name service (DNS) and RADIUS services to campus.
- Network Registration
Information about registering a computer on the NC State University Network and how to obtain an Internet Domain Name
- Infoblox (restricted access)
IP Address Management System
Information about NC State University’s network moving from IPv4 to IPv6
- LAN Administrator Resources and Tools
- Communication Technologies Metrics
- MCNC -North Carolina Research and Education Network Infrastructure
- Service Level Agreement for Network Service
ComTech provides network protection to university customers and networks.
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Service
Connecting to the NC State network from off campus
- Network Security Regulations
Maintaining security on the NC State network
- NC State Protected Network
Protected network infrastructure available on the NC State network
Network Operations Center
The Network Operations Center (NOC) is staffed to support the campus from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
We provide after-hours support to campus for building network outages and campus-wide issues.
- Network Operations Center
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- IT Operations
After normal business hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Report a network outage – email@example.com
- Support for LAN administrators – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with general computing issues – email@example.com
- Help with computing issues in residence halls – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report network abuse – email@example.com
Report a Network Problem
- To connect a computer to the campus network or to report a local network problem or security breach:
NC State faculty and staff should contact the LAN administrator for their building or department.
See Local Area Network (LAN) Administrator List.
- Students living in University Housing residence halls or on Greek Village should contact ResNet.