Submit an IT Security Incident Report for an incident that has any of the following characteristics:
- Potential unauthorized disclosure or alteration of any of the following:
- university data that is not routinely made available to the general public
(e.g., employee evaluations)
- data that the university is legally or contractually bound to protect
(e.g., Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, certain research data)
- Loss or theft of electronic storage devices or media containing any of the following:
- university data not routinely made available to the general public
- data the university is legally or contractually bound to protect
- Appearance on a university Web page, whether through pop-up or direct access, of any of the following:
- advertising for a non-educational commercial product, e.g. an online pharmacy
- pornographic material
- Distribution of viruses or malicious software from a computer on the NC State University network.
The report should contain:
- type of incident (from the above list)
- your name
- your email address
- your phone number
- date and time of the incident
- IP address of each computer involved
- logs from each computer involved
Submit the report in either of these ways:
- Report any suspected theft of computer equipment on campus to the NC State University Police department (919) 515-3000.
- Report any suspected use of a university-owned electronic device in the commission of a computer crime to the FBI, Secret Service or other law enforcement organizations.