The deadline to complete the university’s mandatory Data Security Training is almost here.
All NC State employees, including student employees, must complete the annual training before Wednesday, Jan. 31. To date, 42% of employees have completed the training.
The online training module covers crucial cybersecurity issues and provides helpful tips for employees to put into action. By staying educated, employees help protect both NC State and personal data from cyberattacks.
What employees should know:
- All employees have been pre-registered and should have received an email from REPORTER with instructions on how to access the Data Security Training.
- The 30-minute training module can be watched with Spanish or French subtitles.
- The module may be completed in multiple sessions but must be watched in its entirety and all knowledge questions must be answered.
- Employees will receive a Certificate of Completion upon successfully reviewing the material. Completion will also be recorded in REPORTER as part of the required training portfolio.
- Email reminders will be sent to the employee and their supervisor until the training module has been completed.
What campus supervisors should know:
- Campus supervisors must verify that their employees, including unpaid appointments, have completed the training module by Jan. 31. See Reviewing Compliance Warnings for detailed instructions on viewing training records in REPORTER.
- College and division Human Resources offices will enter a separation action within 30 days for any unpaid appointments who do not complete this training by the deadline. A non-compliance report will be provided to assist with this effort. A separation action means that the unpaid appointment holder will lose access to university resources, including enterprise business applications, records, NC State Google Workspace email, storage and tools.
- Campus supervisors will be copied on reminders for their employees who have not completed the training.
If you have questions about the Data Security Training, contact the NC State Help Desk via the NC State IT Service Portal or call 919.515.4357 (HELP).