NC State provides an array of audio and video conferencing solutions for all types of meetings. Whether you are hosting a quick conference call with a few participants, a collaborative document review meeting, or a training session, we’ve got you covered. All services require an active email@example.com email address in order to host a meeting, although meeting participants are not required to have an NC State affiliation.
Web Conferencing Services at NC State
- Hangouts Meet – free
- Zoom – free and premium
- WebEx (WolfMeeting) and Cloud – premium
- For audio-only options, visit the Audio & Video Conferencing Solutions page.
See the table below to read about Standard features shared by ALL services, and the Extended features offered by each.
Standard Features by All Services
- Video Chat and Audio Participation (anyone on/off campus)
- Dial-in Numbers
- Windows, Mac, and Linux OS Support
- Live Streaming (via various options per service)
- Google Calendar Integration
- 50 - 200 Participants (some services offer more)
- Text Chat
- Screen and App Sharing
- iOS and Android Mobile Device Support
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Accessibility
- Whiteboard and Sketchpad (Hangouts - via Jamboard)
Extended Features by Service
|Feature||Hangouts Meet||Zoom||WebEx (WolfMeeting) & Cloud|
|Learning Tools Integration||🆇||✅
(via Top Hat)
|Maximum Participants||50||100||125 – WolfMeeting
200 – Cloud
|Remote Desktop Assistance||🆇||✅||✅|
|Automatic Real-Time Captions (CC)||✅||🆇||🆇|
|Cost||Free||Free and premium||Premium|
If you require assistance in selecting the best option for your needs, contact the NC State Help Desk or your school or department technical support representative.