NOTE: As of July 2018, computers used as part of federal contracts are prohibited from using Kaspersky antivirus products or services.
CAUTION: The steps in these processes will leave you without antivirus protection.
If you have problems while performing these steps, contact the NC State Help Desk for assistance.
Uninstalling Kaspersky Antivirus from Windows (from your personal machine)
- When you are ready to begin uninstalling, be sure to turn Kaspersky off first.
- Go to Kaspersky Internet Security 2016.
- Under “How to remove Kaspersky Internet Security 2016,” locate and follow the instructions for your operating system.
- If the standard uninstall does not work, go to:
Service articles: Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products (kavremover)
- Follow the instructions under “How to Use the Tool.”
- Once Kaspersky Internet Security is removed, make sure to enable Windows Defender (on personally owned computers) or install another approved antivirus application.
Uninstalling other antivirus products