MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.4.11 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2009
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp.
- OIT does not support Classic mode on either ppc or intel hardware at all.
- MacOS AMP Licenses and Media at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- VirusBarrior X5 – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Update filters with NetUpdate.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Kits are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- Only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware are supported for Unity Macintosh kits.
2) NC State Apple iPhone Developer Program – 5 min.
NC State is now officially part of the Apple iPhone Developer Program. With this program, we can develop, test and distribute applications for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch from within NC State’s App Store. A committee to manage NC State’s mobile presence is currently being formed. In the meantime, OIT’s Outreach Technology will be managing the review of applications and the management of the NC State iPhone Developer Program.” Discussion.
3) Image delivery changes – 10 min.
In order to avoid confusion and manage the 4 images OIT has available we have changed the way the spring Macintosh image is named and delivered on the image server. New netboot set is called ulab1056.nbi and it delivers an image named ulabsp2010.dmg which is the current 10.6.x image. Discussion.
4) iPad- 30 min.
iPad specs. Support issues around configuration and resets. iPhone SDK /iPad SDK. Discussion.
6) Q&A – 5 min.
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Mar 9, 2010 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: 2009: Jan 19, Feb 19, Mar 9, Apr 13, May 11, Jun 8, Aug 10, Sep 14, Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 14
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: 2009: Jan. 19, Mar. 9, May. 11, Aug 10, Sep. 14, Nov. 9.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July 2010.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.