MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.4.11 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2009
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp.
- OIT does not support Classic mode all.
- MacOS AMP Licenses and Media at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- VirusBarrior X5 – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Update filters with NetUpdate.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Kits are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- Only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware are supported for Unity Macintosh kits.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Anyone wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- No MacTech or MacPolicy July 2010.
2) Clarification of UNC-GA CPI – 5 min.
Apple products may be purchased using Marketplace as usual. The Sales Exception Quote process may be used to get better prices on Apple products as usual. The language in UNC-GA CPI Addendum 1 is there to indicate that the Task Group is working to negotiate even better pricing with Apple down the road but does not prohibit the purchase of Apple Products now. Also note iPads are not considered laptop or desktop computers. See http://oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases for the latest information. Discussion.
3) New Apple Hardware MacMini – 10 min.
Apple released a new MacMini today. Specs. Discussion.
4) Fall 2010 Unity Image – 20 min.
The Fall 2010 Unity disk image will be available from the imaging server by June 18, 2010. The software set is frozen as of June 15, 2010. Major points of interest are: CS 4 Adobe Apps, PASW(formerly SPSX), 10.6.3 with Safari 5, TrendMicro Office Scan for Macintosh managed antivirus, OpenAFS 18.104.22.168, new DSLocal machine management. Full list of software and changes will be available at oit.ncsu.edu/macintosh/macintosh-lab-kits. Discussion.
4) Capser Imaging Service for Campus – 25 min.
Testing of the Casper Imaging server is well under way. OIT has successfully imaged the spring 2010 kit on to several machines and successfully bound these to Wolftech AD unattended. We have worked with Design and they have successfully Discussion.
5) Apple update after WWDC 2010 – 40 min.
Discussion of public announcements made at WWDC including iPhone and iOS. Report from Everette who attended.
6) Q&A – 5 min.
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Aug 10, 2010 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: 2009: Jan 19, Feb 19, Mar 9, Apr 13, May 11, *Jun 15, Aug 10, Sep 14, Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 14
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: 2009: Jan. 19, Mar. 9, May. 11, Aug 10, Sep. 14, Nov. 9.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July 2010.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Building unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.