MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.5.8 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2011
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp.
- OIT does not support Classic mode at all.
- Mac Collection Licenses and Media info at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. New managed antivirus for campus.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Kits are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- Only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware by OIT for all software and hardware. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Anyone wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI)
- Casper Suite Server Beta
- Jump Start Training for Casper Suite on Feb. 8 & 9, 2011 Location: Rm 106 Avent Ferry Technology Center. Class is FULL
- February 2011 MacTech is canceled due to Casper Jump Start training.
2) Apple Software, AELP, MacOSX Server bulk, ARD bulk Update – 5 min.
OIT has completed all bulk buys for ARD and MacOS X Server for 2010-11. The Macintosh Collection AELP is also complete. Several folks have paid for DVD media but not picked them up. Please contact Bill_Coker@ncsu.edu to arrange pickup ASAP. Discussion.
3) Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh Managed Client Update – 5 min.
OIT is has made Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh available for download to the campus community over Winter break 201 replacing Virus Barrier X5. Updates are handled via the application and this is a managed antivirus service. Office Scan Mac is running in the Spring 2011 kit. Discussion.
4) The UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) Program at NC State – 5 min.
Apple desktops and laptops are not a part of the CPI program at this time and may still be purchased. They are not included in any calculations related to the 20% limit on exceptions, though they should be purchased through the MarketPlace e-procurement system.
http://oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi UPDATE: we hear that negotiations are still in process but moving forward. Discussion.
5) Casper Full Suite Purchase Complete – 10 min.
OIT has purchased 2001 seats of the full Casper Suite for use on campus. Both the initial and 2nd order are complete and no other orders are planned until renewal next year. OIT contributed the initial purchase cost and setup cost. The beta server is in place. There is no commitment from OIT management to cover any cost for the additional seats. The total per seat cost is $26.40 to add seats in the 2nd year starting Nov. 30, 2011. Discussion.
6) Mac OS App Stores – 10 min.
OIT is trying to understand how to make volume purchases from both the iOS and Mac OS app stores . I have met with purchasing and the OIT licensing group to look at what needs to be done to get this type of process into our MarketPlace. Discussion.
7) Q&A – 5 min.
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Mar 8, 2011 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month 2010: Dec 14; 2011: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: 2009: Jan Mar, May, Aug, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July 2011.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.