NC State’s Waste Reduction and Recycling (WRR), Synergy Recycling, Shimar Recycling, and the Centennial Campus Partnership will have a spring e-waste collection event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, April 20 on Centennial Campus, at the corner of Partners Way and Main Campus Drive. Bring all of your unusable personal electronics to recycle. What can be recycled?
- Computers, laptops, mainframes and monitors (CRTs and flat screens)
- Telephones, cell phones and telephone systems
- Fax machines, office equipment, printers and copiers
- Banking, financial and medical equipment
- Electronic circuit boards and components
- Stereo equipment, games, PDAs, rechargeable batteries, CD’s and DVD’s
- Televisions (There is a $5 fee per television.)
All university owned electronics must go to Materials Support Surplus.
The event will be open to the public and is aimed at raising awareness on the toxicity electronics pose in landfills. The event will also provide free and secure paper shredding for the campus and surrounding communities with a limit of up to eight boxes (not to exceed 50 pounds each) per organization or person. If you have more then the allotted amount, please call WRR before April 20.
For more information, visit the NC State Recycles Web site.