MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
2:30 to 3:30 pm Room B3 Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 0 min
- OIT will support only version 10.5.8 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2011
- OIT will support only version 10.6.8 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2012
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp. & OIT does not support Classic mode at all.
- Mac Collection Licenses and Media info at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Managed antivirus for campus.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- NC Casper User’s Group – go.ncsu.edu/nccug
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Installs are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Anyone wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx2.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI)
- Casper Suite Server Beta https://220.127.116.11:8443/
2) Spring 2012 Casper Software Plan – 2 min
3) Casper Suite Enterprise Deployment Update – 3 min
4) Speaker- Dan Semya:Best Practices in Enterprise for Apple Mobile Devices – 50 min
Dan Semaya, Apple Consulting Engineer for iOS, will conduct a technical seminar which will highlight best practices in enterprise deployment, security, and management when using Apple’s mobile devices including the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
This session will be a comprehensive overview of mobile deployment options as well as answer any technical questions which relate to a specific campus environment.
Topics will include:
– Integrate, secure, and deploy iOS devices within your enterprise.
– Connect seamlessly to standards-based servers for email, calendar, and contacts.
– Protect your data with hardware encryption and enhanced data protection.
– Securely access wireless networks with support for the leading VPN and
Wi-Fi protocols including SSL VPN.
– Scale your iOS device deployment with Mobile Device Management and
Wireless App Distribution for in-house apps.
– App deployment, including Apple’s App Store Volume Purchase Program
– Device management with iTunes and iPhone Configuration Utility
5) Q&A – 10 min. You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Jan. 10, 2012 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: Jan, Mar, May, Aug, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.