HR 9.1 and SIS 9.0 upgrades targeted for Oct. 1
On Monday, Oct. 1, the campus community will see a new, improved Human Resources (HR) System as well as a new Student Information System (SIS). Both are being upgraded to maintain vendor support.
Human Resources and OIT Enterprise Application Systems (EAS) will upgrade the current HR system to version 9.1, which will provide a new workflow-driven employee hiring process. New self-service features will include multiple account options for direct deposit of paychecks and paycheck statement printing enhancements. Details on these and other new features as well as help and training information can be found at the Human Resources Information Management website.
At the same time, Registration and Records, the Graduate School and OIT EAS will also be upgrading SIS to version 9.0. This upgrade will feature an enrollment wizard and an advisor dashboard. In addition, OIT is partnering with the College of Engineering Web Development Team and other campus IT units to provide mobile support for some SIS functions, such as class schedule and grade tracking. A website with details for the SIS 9.0 upgrade is forthcoming.
The upgrade schedule is as follows:
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26: Access to the HR 9.0 Production System is removed.
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26: HR 9.0 Reporting System remains active.
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26: Access to SIS 8.9 is read-only. Transactions will not be processed.
- Midnight (approximately), Friday, Sept. 28: SIS 8.9 read-only access ends.
- Midnight (approximately), Sunday, Sept. 30: HR 9.0 Reporting System access ends.
- 7 a.m. (target) Monday, Oct. 1: HR 9.1 System and SIS 9.0 production systems are up.