OIT Computer Use Regulation and Copyright Responsibilities Training will be offered from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 2 in Room B 16-B of the Hillsborough Building.
All OIT staff members are required to attend a review of NC State’s Computer Use Policies. These sessions will be offered periodically to allow new employees to attend.
Topics covered include:
- User Accounts
- Guest Accounts
- Federal & State Laws
- State Policies
- Email / Network Data
- Confidential Passwords
- Work-Related Access to Business Information
- Limits on Access & Storage
- Sender Identification
- Computer Registration
- Limits of Personal Use for Authorized Users
- What is file sharing?
- What are some popular file sharing applications?
- Are there legal uses of file sharing applications? What are they?
- What happens if I’m caught doing illegal file sharing at work?
- Why is file sharing potentially unsafe?
Use of Computing Facilities for Commercial, Advertising, and Broadcast Purposes
- Paid Advertising
- User Advertising / Broadcast Emails
- University Trademarks
Violation of Policy
Application of Public Records Law