OIT ComTech moves campus to new IP address management system today
Today, (Wednesday, Nov. 14), Communication Technologies will transition the campus to a new vendor-supported Internet Protocol (IP) address management system. This move will take place from 10 p.m. Wednesday to 1 a.m. Thursday. During this transition:
- Be aware that you may experience intermittent connectivity issues when using any of these networks:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Residential Network (ResNet)
- Nomad Wireless Network
- Save your work frequently if you are performing academic or business-related tasks during these hours.
- Re-enter your ID and password, if needed, when you are logged into a website that requires authentication; e.g., Wolfware. You may also need to restart your computer/device.
- Visit the BlueCat website for migration details.
- Address any questions or concerns to the NC State Help Desk at email@example.com or 515-HELP (4357).
- Check SysNews for migration updates.