MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.7.5 or newer of OS X after Dec 31, 2013
- OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- *Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp. & OIT does not support Classic mode at all.
- Mac Collection Licenses and Media info at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Managed antivirus for campus.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Installs are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI)
- Casper Suite Enterprise service https://swm.oit.ncsu.edu:8443/ (Admin
- No one from OIT will attend WWDC 2013. Sold out in 90 seconds.
2) Update on April 2013 CPI Apple Bulk Buy – 5 min
The April 2013 Bulk buy closed May 1, 2013 at noon. Orders were processed May 6 and order confirmation should come this week. The discount around 7% of usual education discount. Discussion.
3) Needs for Fall 2013 software – 15 min.
Round the room request for new software, changes in workflows, and other needs related to software on OS X for Fall 2013. OIT is working towards having the final Casper workflow for fall 2013 finalized by July 1, 2013 to allow for testing in units. Discussion
4) Casper Enterprise Service upgrade to 8.7.0 and Casper Focus – 10 min.
OIT will upgrade the Casper Enterprise Suite service to version 8.7.0 to add additional iOS support , vendor recommended patches and the Casper Focus for iOS feature. http://www.jamfsoftware.com/products/casper-focus Discussion.
5) Update on Casper 9 Beta – 10 min.
OIT continues to evaluate the Casper 9 Beta. Software is progressing very well and we are now working on directory integration from the cloud. Expect testing to continue into Fall 2013. Discussion
6) Adobe Creative Cloud and License Changes – 10 min.
Adobe has moved to cloud license model exclusively for consumers. There is no enterprise license for Creative Cloud at this time. Software is still installed on the local machine but requires an individual login to use. Installing Creative cloud will disable any other license installed on the machine. Only CS6 for student lab machines remains supported by Adobe at this time. Adobe is being removed from OIT virtual environments. Discussion
Q&A – 5 min.
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Aug. 13, 2013 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: Jan, Mar, May, Aug, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.