MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
2:30 to 4:30 pm — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.7.5 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2013
- OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- *Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp. & OIT does not support Classic mode at all.
- Mac Collection Licenses and Media info at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Managed antivirus for campus.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Installs are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI)
- Casper Suite Enterprise service https://swm.oit.ncsu.edu:8443/ (Admin
- No one from OIT will attend WWDC 2013. Sold out in 71 seconds.
- No MacTech or MacPolicy in July 2013
2) Casper 8.7.0 upgrade and 9beta tests – 15 min.
OIT will upgrade the Casper Enterprise Suite service to version 8.7.1 to add vendor recommended patches before end of June 2013. Casper 9beta testing continues. Still working to deal with certificate issues with WolfTech AD. Discussion.
3) New Casper Unity Lab Workflows for FA2013 – 30 min
There are 4 new Casper Policies available for use in Fall 2013 for Unity Lab Macintosh deployment:
- OIT-2UnityLab_Full_Startup_FA2013 – Start Up – Adds basic security bindings, file and print systems – 30 min
- OIT-3UnityLab_Full_Software_FA2013 – Every15 – Installs 41 packages and related configs – 3 hours
- OIT-4UnityLab_Full_Login_FA2013 – Login – Installs 2 packages that require a GUI environment for success – 10 min
- OIT-UnityLab_Update_Software_FA2013 – Used for update only of SP2013 machines NOT Nuke&Pave.
See details at: oit.ncsu.edu/macintosh/macintosh-lab-kits
4) WWDC Update- 30 min.
Discussion of WWDC Keynote including iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks.
5) New Apple Hardware – 15 min. Look at the technical details of new AirPort Time Capsule and AirPort Express 802.11ac, MacBook Air and MacPro. Discussion
6) Q&A – 10 min. You ask we try to answer
Next meeting – Aug 13, 2013 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: Jan, Mar, May, Aug, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.