MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, Sep 9, 2014
2:30 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.8.5 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2014 Current Version 10.7.5
- OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- *Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp. & OIT does not support Classic mode at all.
- Mac Collection Licenses and Media info at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- Kaspersky Endpoint Protection for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Antivirus for campus.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration with a local home on each machine
- Modified Unity Macintosh Installs are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
- Casper Suite Enterprise service https://nc.jamfcloud.com/ (or go.ncsu.edu/mdmadmin)
- Casper Suite License Renewals will go out end of Sept 2014.
2) Watch and Discuss Apple Event – 45 min
Watch live stream of Apple Announcements www.apple.com/live/
3) NetBoot service update – 10 min
New test nuke.nbi and pave.nbi based on AutoCasperNBI github.com/macmule/AutoCasperNBI. Need testers that can:
a) destroy a test machine with nuke.nbi and then use casper imaging in the pave.nbi plus policies to get machine back.
b) determine if machines automatically come back as managed
c) add DEP machines that are pre-enrolled to see if they become completely managed with pave.nbi
4) Autopkg, AutoPkgr and SlipStreamed Software – 10 min
Discussion of automated package updates in nc.jamfcloud.com and technologies going forward for SlipStreamed Software service. This is experimental but will lead to packages that are generated by automated processes.
Autopkg – github.com/autopkg/autopkg
jss-addon – github.com/sheagcraig/jss-autopkg-addon
Recipes – github.com/autopkg
5) Q&A – 10 min
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Oct 14, 2014 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.