NC State has established a Captioning Grant to assist faculty in creating captions for videos. The grant provides funding for captioned video when:
- a student with a disability requiring this accommodation registers in a course that uses video.
- an instructor wants to proactively create captions for a video.
To apply for the grant, faculty should complete the application form available via the Captioning Grant website. Grants are awarded in September, February and June.
For the current award period, grant applications are due by 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 19. Remember that applications:
- can be submitted at any time during the academic year.
- to meet the needs of a student with a disability will be processed immediately.
- for proactive captioning will be processed only in September, February and June.
You may direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.