On Sunday, Aug. 9, OIT will apply security patches to the network switches in the university’s primary data centers during its regular maintenance window from 1 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Users of most campus computing services should expect brief service interruptions including, but not limited to the:
- MyPack Portal
- Human Resources, Financial and Student systems
- DELTA Wolfware (Moodle, Mediasite, Collaborate, and WolfWare Classic)
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
- WolfPrint services
- Hosted systems
- Networked Attached Storage (NAS) shares and exports
- Backup services
Campus users should also be aware of proposed extended maintenance windows that will occur within this fiscal year and that can possibly impact IT services:
- Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015, through Sunday, Sept. 20, 2015
- Saturday, Nov. 7, 2015, through Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015
- Saturday, Jan. 23, 2016, through Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016
- Saturday, April 9, 2016, through Sunday, April 10, 2016
An extended maintenance window is an extension of the regular maintenance window that is reserved every Sunday from 1 a.m. to 1 p.m. During this time, OIT staff perform major system maintenance, including physical maintenance and installation of necessary security updates and upgrades.
For updates on these IT maintenance windows, see SysNews.