Upcoming workshops include:
- Google Slides will be offered on Thursday, Sept. 17 from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This session will focus on how to create, edit and share presentations. It will also include themes, transitions, animations, and more. If you would prefer to use your own laptop, feel free to bring it. To register, visit Classmate.
- Mobile Security for iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) will be offered on Wednesday, Sept. 23 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 203 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Come to this presentation to learn how to use a screen lock passcode, encrypt and backup data, locate your device if it’s lost, and scan your device for malware. To register, visitClassmate.
- Introduction to Google Hangouts – Laptop/Desktop Application will be offered on Thursday, Sept. 24 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This is a fun and interactive workshop to learn about the emergence of Google Hangouts, a free Web conferencing tool that allows easy communication on campus or across the globe via video, audio and text messaging. Learn how to use the Hangouts platform and its many helpful features. You are encouraged to bring a laptop to the session and can register via Classmate.
- Create and Collaborate with Google Drive will be offered on Wednesday, Sept. 30 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn everything you need to know to get started using Google Docs/Drive at NC State. You will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State University Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. If you would prefer using your own laptop or other mobile device, feel free to bring it. To register, visit Classmate.
- Get to know Google Chrome will be offered on Thursday, Oct. 1 from noon to 1 p.m. in 216 Scott Hall. In this workshop, you will learn how to use the Chrome Web browser more effectively, organize tabs, save personal settings and bookmarks, use apps and extensions to enhance your experience, and much more! You will also gain a better understanding for why Chrome is the preferred browser for use with Google Apps. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: Beyond the Basics will be offered on Tuesday, Oct. 6 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including Labels, Search tools, Contacts Management, Chat, Tasks, Settings, Labs, and new features. If time permits, there will be a brief introduction to Google Hangouts. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Forms will be offered on Wednesday, Oct. 7 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you looking for a way to easily create surveys, plan events or gather data? Are you interested in learning more about specific apps available in Google Drive? If so, don’t miss this interactive session on the basics of creating forms and viewing responses. You will also learn several advanced features, such as embedding forms in websites, adding page breaks and incorporating question validation. To register, visit Classmate.
- Hands-on OS X Device Management at NC State will be offered on Thursday, Oct. 8 from 10 a.m. to noon in 216 Scott Hall. If you are new to managing Macs or interested in learning more about managing your OS X device, this workshop will offer practical management tips, campus support resources and an overview of the Casper Suite Enterprise Service. Bring your questions and your Mac to participate in this hands-on workshop. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Sheets will be offered on Tuesday, Oct. 13 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. During this two-hour workshop, you will be given an overview of Sheets and learn how it differs from Microsoft Excel. You will also learn about features, including formatting options, find and replace, and notifications. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar will be offered on Thursday, Oct. 15 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on appointment slots, event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, scheduling online meetings, and more. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to email@example.com.