Upcoming workshops include:
- Gmail Advanced Plus Tools, Tips & Tricks will be offered on Wednesday, Nov. 18 and Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Gmail and are ready to take it to the next level, this more advanced hands-on workshop is for you. You will learn more about creating labels, filters and canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released Google features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Mobile Security for iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) will be offered on Thursday, Nov. 19 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn how to use a screen lock passcode, encrypt and back up data, locate your device if it’s lost, scan your device for malware, and much more. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create and Collaborate with Google Drive will be offered on Tuesday, Nov. 24 from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State University Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. If you would prefer using your own laptop or other mobile device, feel free to bring it. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail Beyond the Basics will be offered on Thursday, Dec. 3 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including Labels, Search tools, Contacts management, Chat, Tasks, Settings, Labs, and new features. If time permits, there will be a brief introduction to Google Hangouts. To register, visit Classmate.
- Getting Started in Cloud Development will be offered on Thursday, Dec. 3 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In the ever changing world of IT, the cloud has made access to powerful computing as easy as clicking a button. As a developer, you need to be aware of available technologies and how to use these technologies to bring your websites and applications to production. To learn more about cloud development technologies and how you can start developing in the cloud, register for this workshop via Classmate.
- Google Forms will be offered on Tuesday, Dec. 8 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you looking for a way to easily create surveys, plan events, or gather data? In this workshop, we’ll cover the basics of creating forms and viewing responses, while also highlighting several advanced features, including embedding forms in websites, adding page breaks, and incorporating question validation. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar will be offered on Wednesday, Dec. 9 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will focus on appointment slots, event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, scheduling online meetings, and more. To register, visitClassmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.