Upcoming OIT training opportunities include:
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Tuesday, Jan. 26 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State University Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. If you would prefer using your own laptop or other mobile device, feel free to bring it. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Wednesday, Jan. 27 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This session will cover more in-depth features of Gmail, including additional helpful resources. For more information and to register, visit Classmate.
- Apple Research Kit In-Depth will be offered on Wednesday, Jan. 27 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room B16-B of the Hillsborough Building. Join us as we take an in-depth look at ResearchKit with Sarah Farrell, Ph.D. and registered nurse, and the Apple Corporate ResearchKit team. Topics will include: advanced use cases, funding, the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research (IRB), security and data strategies, community resources, and developer requirements. This will be a deeper dive into leveraging ResearchKit to capture data and broaden interaction for your research projects. To register, visit Classmate.
- Basics of WordPress will be offered on Thursday, Jan. 28 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn everything you need to know to get started using WordPress here at NC State. Topics will include: setup, configuration, themes, plug-ins, settings, options, and management of WordPress. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Slides: Create, Collaborate, and Publish Presentations will be offered on Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn how to create presentations using Google Slides. This session will focus on creating, editing, sharing and collaboration, themes, transitions, animations, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Sheets will be offered on Thursday, Feb. 4 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google Spreadsheets has recently been updated with even more powerful tools and functionality. Come to this two-hour overview of Sheets and learn how it integrates with other apps in Google Drive. Topics will include formatting options, find & replace, notifications, conditional formatting, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More than your Inbox will be offered on Wednesday, Feb. 10 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to, and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. To register, visitClassmate.
- Google Drawings Essentials HOA will be offered on Thursday, Feb. 11 from noon to 1 p.m. online. Join us for abrief online introduction to this design tool and find out how easy it is to create your own images! See how Google Drawings can be inserted in other Google Apps like Docs, Sheets and Slides and learn how to create and collaborate on charts, diagrams and images. The Hangout on Air session can be accessed via the Google Apps @ NC State Google+ page. Visit this page to get more information, sign up to attend, and add the event to your calendar. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Tuesday, Feb. 16 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will focus on Calendar (e.g., my calendar, other calendars, mini calendar), event details and calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing), and more. To register, visit Classmate.