Upcoming OIT training sessions include:
- Advanced Drive will be offered on Thursday, June 2 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you comfortable creating folders, sharing documents and using Google Drive’s basic organization tools? If you answered yes, then you’re ready to take Drive to the next level. In this workshop, you’ll learn about uploading, exporting and converting documents, file management, advanced search, installing apps, and new Drive functionalities. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More than your Inbox will be offered on Tuesday, June 7 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Hangouts: Video Conferencing and More will be offered on Wednesday, June 8 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Join us for this fun and interactive workshop to learn about Google Hangouts, a free Web conferencing tool that allows you to communicate with others on campus or around the globe via video, audio and text messaging. Learn how to use the Hangouts platform to share your screen, share documents, add a personalized banner, and download apps that offer additional helpful features. This session will cover using Hangouts on your laptop or desktop only. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Sheets will be offered on Tuesday, June 14 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Come to this two-hour overview of Sheets to learn how it integrates with other apps in Google Drive. Topics will include formatting options, find and replace, notifications, conditional formatting, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Wednesday, June 15 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will focus on Calendar (e.g., my calendar, other calendars, mini calendar), event details and calendar management. Specific topics will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing), and more. To register, visit Classmate.
- OIT CrashPlan for NC State Sub-Org Administrators will be offered on Wednesday, June 15 from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Room B3 of the Hillsborough Building. This workshop will provide an overview of CrashPlan Cold Storage, explore the options available to CrashPlan sub-org administrators and provide best practices for management. To register, visit Classmate.
- Phishing 101 (Lunch and Learn series) will be offered on Wednesday, June 22 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Phishing is an attempt to steal your personal information including your passwords, credit card numbers and banking information. It can be extremely damaging to you and the university. During this session, you’ll see recent examples of phishing attempts and learn valuable tips on how to recognize scams and signs of a compromised account and the steps to take after you’ve received phishing emails. Attendees are welcome to bring a light lunch or snack. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.