Upcoming training sessions include:
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered Wednesday, Aug. 17 in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center and again Wednesday, Sept. 14 in Room 108 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Both workshops will be held from from 9 a.m. to noon. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use some more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on three main sections: calendar (my calendar, other calendars, mini calendar), event details and calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, and scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing). To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Forms: Data Collection and Analysis will be offered Tuesday, Aug. 23 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn to easily build surveys, plan events and gather data with Google Forms. This workshop will cover the basics of creating forms, collaborative editing, and viewing data in spreadsheets and charts. It also will highlight several advanced features, such as custom themes, page breaks, question validation, and embedding forms in websites. To register, visit Classmate.
- Effective Presentations will be offered Wednesday, Aug. 24 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn how to enhance your presentation by adding the right tools and design elements to complement or enhance your message. Register for this Lunch & Learn and get useful tips on how to engage your audience and keep their attention. Attendees are welcome to bring a light lunch or snack to enjoy during the presentation. To register, visit Classmate.
- Using ServiceNow will be offered Wednesday, Aug. 24 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This course is designed to introduce the campus user to the ServiceNow Service Management suite of applications. Whether you are a transition user of the old Remedy call tracking system, an IT support staff member in a department already using ServiceNow, or someone who is interested in learning more about ServiceNow, this course will help you understand its functional uses and how you can integrate it into your workflow. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered Thursday, Aug. 25 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Building on Gmail: More than your Inbox, this advanced hands-on workshop takes Gmail to the next level. You will learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, Hangouts, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered Tuesday, Aug. 30 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google Drive is the backbone of your Google experience, combining storage, access, sharing, and collaboration with the power of Google Apps. During this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and common Google Apps tools. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Slides: Create, Collaborate and Publish Presentations will be offered Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn how to create presentations using Google Slides. This session will focus on creating, editing, sharing and collaboration, themes, transitions, animations, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Cisco WebEx will be offered Thursday, Sept. 1 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This Lunch & Learn will provide an overview of how Cisco WebEx online meetings enable you to virtually meet, share content, and video conference with anyone in the world with an Internet connection, including mobile users! To register, visit Classmate.
- Benefits of 2-Step Verification will be offered Tuesday, Sept. 6 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google 2-Step Verification can help prevent your account from being compromised. Register for this one-hour session to learn more about how this security feature can protect your account. There will be an overview of 2-Step, along with detailed instructions to enable this tool. Participants will have the option to set up their account with 2-Step Verification. Those interested should bring a mobile device to complete the setup process. To register, visit Classmate.
- Accommodation, Accessibility, Compliance: What is my role in supporting accessibility at the university? will be offered Tuesday, Sept. 6 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this introductory course, you will learn about the resources to support accessibility at the university, and specifically, your role in that process. You will also learn about the differences between accommodations and accessibility, the benefits of accessibility for the university community, and ways that you can begin to incorporate accessibility in your design. Feel free to bring your own device to this workshop. To register, visit Classmate.
- Accelerated Gmail will be offered Wednesday, Sept. 7 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This three-hour session is a condensed version of both Gmail: More than your Inbox and Gmail: Advanced Productivity and covers both the basic and advanced features of Gmail in one accelerated workshop. Come prepared for a fast-paced tour of Gmail and learn labels, filters, adding calendar events, tasks, and much more! To register, visit Classmate.
- What’s New in Google Apps – Fall 2016 (HOA) will be offered Thursday, Sept. 8 from noon to 1 p.m. online. Join us for this Hangout on Air (HOA) to learn about exciting new features in Google Apps that you can start using this fall! Visit the Google+ event page to sign up. Simply click “Yes” and the event will automatically be added to your Google calendar. On the day of the event, click the link on your Google Calendar or visit Google+ to watch from the comfort of your own computer.
- Basics of WordPress will be offered Tuesday, Sept. 13 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 108 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn everything you need to know to get started using WordPress here at NC State. This class will cover setup, configuration, themes, plug-ins, settings, options, and management of WordPress. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Hangouts: Video Conferencing and More will be offered Thursday, Sept. 15 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Join us for this fun and interactive workshop to learn about Google Hangouts. Hangouts is Google’s free web conferencing tool that allows you to communicate with others on campus or around the globe via video, audio and text messaging. Learn how to use the Hangouts platform to share your screen, share documents, add a personalized banner, and download apps that offer additional helpful features. This session will cover using Hangouts on your laptop or desktop only (iOS and Android devices are not included in this class.). Computers with web conferencing equipment will be provided, but participants are welcome to bring a laptop to the session if preferred. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.