Upcoming workshops include:
- Google Slides: Create, Collaborate, and Publish Presentations will be offered on Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn how to create presentations using Google Slides. This session will focus on creating, editing, sharing and collaboration, themes, transitions, animations, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Tuesday, Oct. 25 and Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use some more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on three main sections: calendar (my calendar, other calendars, mini calendar), event details and calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, and scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing). To register, visit Classmate.
- Managing PDF Accessibility will be offered on Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this introductory course, you will learn about the benefits of using accessible PDFs and the resources and methods for delivering them. Laptops are optional, but feel free to bring your own device to this workshop. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More than you Inbox will be offered on Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to, and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. A reference, including many additional helpful resources, will also be provided. To register, visit Classmate.
- Streamline Your Business Processes with Google Apps will be offered on Thursday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this participant-led and highly-interactive class, you’ll learn how to save time scheduling meetings, creating agendas, sharing documents, collaborating, communicating, and much more! Bring your current workflows and learn how to harness the power of Google Apps to streamline your business processes. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Sheets will be offered on Thursday, Nov. 10 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google Sheets has recently been updated with even more powerful tools and functionality. Join us for this two-hour overview of Sheets and learn how it integrates with other apps in Google Drive. The workshop will also cover several features including formatting options, find & replace, notifications, conditional formatting, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Benefits of 2-Step Verification will be offered on Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google 2-Step Verification can help prevent your account from being compromised. Register for this one-hour session to learn more about how this security feature can protect your account. There will be an overview of 2-Step, along with detailed instructions to enable this tool. Participants will have the option to set up their account with 2-Step Verification. Those interested should bring a mobile device to complete the setup process. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Thursday, Nov. 17 from from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google Drive is the backbone of your Google experience, combining storage, access, sharing, and collaboration with the power of Google Apps. During this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and common Google Apps tools. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.