On Saturday, April 22 through Sunday, April 23, OIT will perform extensive system maintenance, such as data center improvements that require the shutdown and movement of equipment, hardware replacement and infrastructure configuration. This extended maintenance window will run from 6 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday.
Services expected to be offline for the majority of the maintenance window include, but are not limited to:
- MyPack Portal
- Human Resources, Financial and Student systems
- OIT backup services
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) services
- WolfPrint services
- Authenticated SMTP to smtp.ncsu.edu
No new accounts will be created on Saturday, April 22.
Services that may experience intermittent periods of unavailability or slow performance during the maintenance window include, but are not limited to:
- Shibboleth (Sites using Shibboleth for authentication will be impacted.)
- www.ncsu.edu (NC State’s home page)
- High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster, including access to storage from HPC nodes
- RHN / Satellite Service
- AFS hosted sites
- cPanel, Hosted WordPress and WordPress blogs
- LDAP (Updates will be available after the maintenance is completed.)
Future extended maintenance windows that can possibly impact IT services are scheduled on:
- Saturday, Sept. 30 through Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017
- Saturday, Nov. 4 through Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017
For scheduled system changes and updates, see the Change Management Calendar or visit SysNews. If you have any questions, contact the NC State Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.515.4357 (HELP).