Based on campus feedback and the recommendation of the Antivirus Service Team, OIT will not renew its campus site license for Kaspersky antivirus software for university-owned and personally-owned computers. The campus site license is set to expire on Tuesday, Feb. 28.
For university-owned computers
- OIT recommends the use of MS Endpoint Protection for Windows devices and as a temporary solution for Mac devices.
- IT support staff should review Recommended Antivirus Solutions for details on handling domain-joined and non domain-joined computers.
- End users should check with their unit’s IT support staff about removing Kaspersky.
For personally-owned computers
- The university will no longer provide antivirus software licenses for personally-owned computers. Instead, the university recommends that you use either the antivirus protection provided by the operating system vendor or approved alternate antivirus products.
- Campus users who downloaded and installed the personal edition of Kaspersky Internet Security through the university’s software licensing site should uninstall and replace Kaspersky with an approved product prior to the expiration of the license indicated in the application.