MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
2:30 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
* OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
* Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
* OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
* Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
* Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgeemail@example.com & System Eng: Francis has retired waiting for replacement.
* macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
* Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
* Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
* Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
* Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
* OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
* Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
* Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com
Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly!!
* UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
* JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/casper, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/UWC for details
* JNUC 2017 Oct 24-27, 2017 – jamf.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2017/ – Everette will attend for OIT
2) Training Needs??- 5 min
* Secure Your iOS Devices (iPhone and iPad)– webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/index/details/workshopId/343
* OIT-Managing OS X with Jamf Pro – Thu Aug 10, 2017 from 1:30-4:30 pm
* OIT-Casper Best Practices for Packagers – Request – webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/index/details/workshopId/351
* OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Jamf Pro – Request – webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/index/details/workshopId/881
* CrashPlan for Sub-Org Administrators – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-CPlan1-CPlan1&deptName=OIT
* Local Based Commercial Training – training.computertree.com/course/
3) Service Updates- 30 min
Jamf Pro – Upgraded to 9.99.0 Testing JCDS full syncs. Coordinating with UNC Schools for JCDS master
CrashPlan -I2 Contract complete. Lower cost.
NetInstall – nuke.nbi/sh is macOS 10.12.3. 10.11.3 set (nuke10113.nbi & sh). are still available if needed. 10.12.5 is not working and is broken with signing error which Apple is aware via radar.
AutoPKGR – Looking at removing Extension Attribute updates due to JAMF Patch Titles. Added FireFox ESR.
Antivirus – No antivirus for non-university devices. NCSU-Campus-System Center Endpoint Protection for macOS Installer.pkg at nc.jamfcloud.com/packages.html?id=3853
DEP/VPP/Apple School – Apple School Manger is production. NCSU OIT ready to move.
Endpoint Protection – Working on mac OS profile and package testing to go along with
Draft “BluePrint for macOS Endpoint Protection” (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pdv8Z3aU374i1cNwvvrEd3yRnmeU2qXRolpYwP8jaUs/edit), Also looking at creating Service Now “Endpoint Compliance” report for all points of the standard.
4) Apple Updates – Paul Petrogeorge– 30 min
Meet our Apple Sales representative and hear him talk about all the hardware announcements post-WWDC. Discussion
5) Apple WWDC Update – 30 min
Looking at Apple hardware changes Discussion
6) Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacTech – Tue. Aug 8, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Aug, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July. Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.