On Saturday, Sept. 30 through Sunday, Oct. 1, OIT will perform extensive system maintenance, such as data center improvements that require the shutdown and movement of equipment, hardware replacement and infrastructure configuration. This extended maintenance window will run from 6 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday.
The Services expected to be offline for a significant portion of the maintenance window include, but are not limited to:
- MyPack Portal
- Human Resources System
- Financial System
- Student Information System (SIS)
- OIT backup services
- Authenticated SMTP to smtp.ncsu.edu
Services that may experience brief periods of unavailability or slow performance during the maintenance window include, but are not limited to:
- Shibboleth (While unlikely, sites using Shibboleth for authentication may be impacted.)
- www.ncsu.edu (NC State’s home page)
- High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster, including access to storage from HPC nodes
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) services
- WolfPrint services
- RHN / Satellite Service
- AFS hosted sites
- cPanel, Hosted WordPress and WordPress blogs
- LDAP (Updates will be available after the maintenance is completed).
As plans for the maintenance window are finalized, services with major impact will be updated via SysNews.
Future extended maintenance windows that will impact IT services are scheduled on:
- Saturday, Nov. 4 through Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017
- Saturday, Feb. 3 through Sunday, Feb. 4, 2018
- Saturday, April 14 through Sunday, April 15, 2018