Start off the new year with free technology training and also enroll in some of our new classes, including iOS Essentials and the New Google Calendar.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Tuesday, Dec. 19 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. During this introductory hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Primary topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and common tools throughout Google’s suite of apps. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Cisco WebEx will be offered on Wednesday, Jan. 10 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This Lunch & Learn event will provide an overview of how Cisco WebEx Online Meetings enable you to virtually meet, share content and video conference with anyone in the world with an internet connection, including mobile users! To register, visit REPORTER.
- iOS Essentials will be offered on Wednesday, Jan. 10 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Join Apple campus reps to learn how to get started with your new iOS devices. This one-hour session will focus on setting up accounts and basic customization. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Creating REPORTER Courses will be offered on Jan. 10 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Room 108 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This course is specifically for course admins and will cover how to create a course and an instance in REPORTER. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Introduction to Google Services will be offered on Thursday, Jan. 11 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This fundamental session will provide an overview of Google Services at NC State. Topics will include a review of currently available Google apps on campus, accessibility, recommended settings, security tips, support, web registry tools (e.g., generic accounts, calendar resources), searching, and much more! If you are new to Google or interested in learning more about how NC State implements G Suite on campus, we hope you’ll join us for this enlightening workshop! To register, visit REPORTER.
- The New Google Calendar: A Closer Look will be offered on Tuesday, Jan. 16 from noon to 1 p.m. online via YouTube Live. Do you have questions about the new interface or are you interested in a preview before the new version rolls out to campus? Join us for this one-hour YouTube Live event to learn about various calendar views and the new “add” button and how to view available rooms only, add hyperlinks and advanced formatting to the event description, and more! To register, visit REPORTER.
For more information about specific training for your department, unit or classroom, see Custom Training.