Google recently released an out of office calendar entry in the NC State G Suite domain.
When you create a new Calendar appointment, you will now see event, out of office, and appointment slots. When you use the out of office feature, Google Calendar will automatically decline any existing or new meetings for the same time period. You can also customize the title of the decline message and the title of your out of office entry.
The new out of office entry will feature a different look on the calendar grid, helping others to easily notice that you are unavailable.
Restrict your working hours
Also in Google Calendar, you now have the ability to customize your work hours for each day separately. Your calendar will provide a notification to individuals who invite you to a meeting outside of your normal working hours. To set your work hours:
- From the Gear, select Settings.
- Under General, select Working Hours.
- Check the box, Enable working hours.
- Modify your work hours by changing the start and end times.
- Deselect the days of the week that do not apply to your working hours.
For more information on these features, see the G Suite Updates.