Google Cloud Platform is a wide-ranging suite of services and resources for handling various workloads on Google’s Cloud infrastructure. Its offerings span the SaaS to PaaS spectrum, so you can choose to manage your own VM through Google Compute Engine, or you can go serverless, and put your code into a Cloud Function. Read more about Google Cloud’s services.
To learn more about GCP, we recommend you start with the following resources:
- LinkedIn Learning – Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform Documentation
- GitHub Google Cloud Platform Repositories
Note: Self service creation of projects must be done under the Learning Playground folder. The folder must be selected when either creating a new GCP project, or when creating a project in the Google Developer Console. For such projects, the use of free GCP resources or GCP credits will be used.
Google Cloud Service Stabilization Project
There is a project currently underway to accomplish changes in the GCP environment over the next coming months:
- Add a VPN back to campus specifically intended for the Shared VPC, which is also currently being built
- Begin re-organization of billing accounts to transition existing GCP customers to a consolidated billing structure which will allow for discounts through the Internet2 NET+ GCP agreement
- Facilitate additional learning opportunities for interested users to get more familiar with the GCP environment, and make the most of the resources available