Phishers keep trying to hook you
- They are constantly targeting the NC State email system.
- Their messages seem to come from an authoritative source within the university.
- They usually ask that you provide your Unity password or click on a link inside the message.
- They claim to need your information to perform some urgent, important system function.
Keep in mind
- Such messages are always fraudulent.
- NC State IT personnel will NEVER ask for your password or your 2FA bypass codes, by email or otherwise.
How to respond
- If you receive a phishing message, do not reply to it.
- Instead, forward it with its full headers, to email@example.com.
- If you wish to report a spam message received at an ncsu.edu email address from an off-campus host, see Protection from Phishing for details.
Additional information about phishing at NC State