Skip to content
What it is
- “Phishing” is simply a play on the word “fishing.”
- Phishing has been around since 1996 but is becoming much more common and more sophisticated.
- This form of cyber crime is growing faster than the ability of the police or courts to deal with it.
How it works
- “Phishers” drop enticing email lures into the sea of internet users, hoping to hook your
- credit card numbers
- bank account numbers
- other personal information.
- Then they use what you give them to commit fraud in your name;
e.g., empty your checking and savings accounts, steal your identity.
More about Phishing