Skip to content
What it is
- “Phishing” is simply a play on the word “fishing.”
- Phishing has been around since 1996 and is rapidly becoming more common and sophisticated.
- This form of cybercrime is growing too fast for the police or courts to handle it.
How it works
- “Phishers” drop enticing email lures into the sea of internet users, hoping to hook your…
- Credit card information
- Bank account numbers
- And other personal information
- Then they exploit whatever information they can to commit fraud in your name; they can steal your identity, empty your bank accounts, and more.
More about Phishing