- “Phishing” is simply a play on the word “fishing.”
- “Phishers” drop email lures into the sea of Internet users, hoping to hook your passwords, credit card or bank account numbers, or other personal information.
- Then they use it to commit fraud in your name; e.g., empty your checking and savings accounts, steal your identity.
- Phishing has been around since 1996 but is becoming much more common and more sophisticated.
- This form of cyber crime is growing faster than the ability of the police or courts to deal with it.
More about Phishing