Description of service
- Email distribution lists to which users may subscribe and unsubscribe are typically called mailing list services.
- Some mailing lists are set up by list owners to distribute newsletters or announcements to subscribers.
- Other lists are more open and allow any subscriber to send messages to all subscribers.
- OIT currently uses Google Groups to provide these services at NC State.
Persons eligible for service
NC State faculty, staff, affiliated professional organizations, registered student organizations.
Type of use
- Mailing list services are provided only for university-related activities, including academic, research, student organization and outreach.
- Mailing lists are not provided for “Personal Use,” as defined in Section III of Administrative Regulations – Computer Use.
Duration of service
See Annual renewal below.
No additional fees are charged for this service.
To obtain service
To request a new email list visit webregistry.ncsu.edu.
To subscribe to an existing list, see How Can Someone Join A Google Group.
Rules of use
All NC State computer and network resources are governed by the Administrative Regulations – Computer Use.
- List owners will be sent an email message each year to renew or discontinue their mailing list.
- If there is no response after 30 days, a message will be sent to the list.
- If there is no response after 30 days or if no one will act as list owner, the list will be disabled.
For more information and documentation visit Google Workspace Groups.