A robust wireless data network provides access to NC State campus computing services and to the internet on the Main Campus, Centennial Campus and Centennial Biomedical Campus.
For students, faculty and staff
- Primary campus wireless service (also called Nomad).
- To automatically connect to campus Wi-Fi and avoid entering your Unity ID and password each time, register all your devices. See Nomad Registration.
- Encrypted wireless Internet service (education roaming).
- Enrolling a wireless device in eduroam at NC State allows you to use that device at any of thousands of other educational and research institutions that participate in eduroam worldwide.
- We HIGHLY recommend that you be on the NC State campus when you initially enroll in eduroam.
We have limited ability to support or troubleshoot enrollment issues with off-site systems.
- Wireless service for all university visitors
- Unsecured network with limited connectivity
- Not recommended for student, faculty or staff use
- For details, see Guest Wireless.
- Only for guests already enrolled in eduroam at a participating organization
- Connection to eduroam should be automatic.
If it isn’t, then connect to ncsu-guest.
- No login is needed.
- At NC State, to enroll in eduroam while connected to the ncsu wireless network:
- Go to Sign up for eduroam, enter your Unity ID and password, and follow the prompts to install the items needed by your device.
- NOTE: In addition to using ncsu during our search for a new eduroam provider, OIT recommends that you enroll now in eduroam and begin using it.
- To enroll in eduroam without being connected to NC State’s campus wireless network:
- You’ll need VPN access.
- NOTE: Enrollment may work with the use of our VPN, but we have limited ability to support or troubleshoot enrollment or installation issues with off-site systems.
- To use eduroam, after you’ve enrolled either at NC State or another institution participating in eduroam:
- Just turn on your enrolled device.
- It should connect to the network automatically, without logging in.
- If connection isn’t automatic, from the list of Wi-Fi networks, select: